The internet was first conceived as a means for military and universities to communicate without interruption. Beginning in the 90s, the internet was brought to the masses with the advent of dial-up service providers. Later, broadband technology emerged and allowed for streaming video, large downloads, and real-time communication. An explosion of web sites formed the World Wide Web.
Today the internet is a critical component of daily life, much like electricity and water. We have the entire world at our fingertips, via computer or smartphone. Children grow up not knowing a world without the internet, and even grandmas log into Facebook daily.
There are many facets of internet technology and culture. This is the category page for all things internet-related, including online communities and Youtube celebrities, as well as topics such as web dev and online security. We will continue adding new quizzes on a variety of subjects here.
Our Internet Quizzes
- Do You Have Internet Addiction?[by: 4, rated: rated: 3.63/5, published: May 21, 2006]
Internet addiction is quickly becoming recognized as a real problem causing devastation among a large number of people. Consequences include loss of friends,…
- What type of admin would you be on a social network?[by: Alyssa, rated: rated: 3.21/5, published: May 14, 2010]
Welcome to the administrator quiz. This quiz will tell you how good you would be as an administrator on a social networking website. Please take the quiz, and…
- Digital Natives[by: Sarah Horrigan, rated: rated: 3.16/5, published: Mar 22, 2008]
Marc Prensky (2001) argues that there are digital natives and digital immigrants and that some of us are the former and some the latter (use Google to find…
- The MySpace Fiend Quiz[by: Scott, rated: rated: 3.01/5, published: Apr 18, 2006]
MySpace quickly became one of the top internet sites of all time. Perhaps you've heard of it. MySpace has over 60 million users and grows larger by the day.…
- How popular should you be on Tik Tok?[by: Kayla, rated: rated: 2.96/5, published: Oct 10, 2018]
Get a prediction on the number of fans you deserve on Tik Tok!
- Do you deserve to be on the Internet?[by: Bill Patterson, rated: rated: 2.69/5, published: Jun 9, 2008]
These days, anyone can get access to the Internet. For crying out loud, some people don't even realize they have the Internet in their household! Does that…
Find them on our Facebook page.
Internet Culture Quizzes
Find them on our Internet Culture page.
Online Communities Quizzes
- How 4chan are you?[by: moot, rated: rated: 3.14/5, published: Feb 24, 2008]
Ah, 4chan. The home of the sickest, strangest, and most horrifying people on the Internet - and some of the funniest stuff to be found anywhere. Anything and…
- Are you addicted to VampireFreaks.com?[by: Jaison, rated: rated: 2.87/5, published: Apr 14, 2007]
There are many members of VampireFreaks.com. But not all are true VF addicts! Want to find out if you are a VF addict? Then what are you waiting for! Take the…
- CPM(Club Penguin Master)[by: The Geek, rated: rated: 2.78/5, published: Jan 23, 2011]
If you want to find out if you are a true club penguin genuis then take this quiz! This might not be hard for some people but it will be for others! Have so…
- Club Penguin Knowledge Quiz[by: Cory, rated: rated: 2.56/5, published: Jan 26, 2007]
Sure you like Club Penguin. It's a fun game where you can meet friends, hang out, play minigames for coins, and even dance! It's the perfect place for all…
Find them on our Tumblr page.
Web Design and Development Quizzes
- Web 3.0 & Semantic Web Quiz[by: Laura Matich, rated: rated: 2.84/5, published: Oct 20, 2010]
Web 3.0 is, theoretically, the next generation of the Internet. Many believe that Web 3.0 and semantic technology will drastically influence the ways in which…
Youtube Quizzes Quizzes
Find them on our Youtube Quizzes page.
It's pretty cool that the internet is allowing you to read this text right now, isn't it? GoToQuiz would like to give a shout-out to the tech pioneers that made this possible, including Vint Cerf, co-inventor of TCP/IP (the protocol computers use to connect to each other), and Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of HTTP (the protocol of the World Wide Web). Visionaries like these have changed the way we communicate, learn, shop, protest, and more.