What American accent do you have? | Comments

Below are comments submitted by GoToQuiz.com users for the quiz What American accent do you have?

Post a comment:
Does not allow HTML or UBB code. 2,000 character limit.
Sorted by: top | NEW
  • What American accent do you have?
    Your Result: The West 96%

    Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

    95% The Midland
    75% Boston
    73% North Central
    33% The Inland North
    27% Philadelphia
    27% The South
    21% The Northeast

    Hmmm...Well I am actually from Florida so this quiz is pretty accurate I guess.

    TheTimeTravel
    1
  • Im from the south and this quiz was spot on with saying i have a southern accent

    kamil
    1
  • My accent cant really be found in this quiz as I have parents from Boston and a parent who lived all over the place but mainly Germany and lived in airizona a few years and Ive lived all over the world myself I think thats why my top 3 where within 5% of each other with Boston following far behind below 30%

    Legofan9
    1
  • I'm a phili cheesesteak lol

    Meow111
    1
  • the midland. i might have a good voice for tv, even though i think my voice when recorded sounds weird, i may have a chance at being an actress!! thank you!!

    FaeSoulGirl
    1
  • haha, thats kinda funny cause i got the one where in says people mistake me for canadian a lot.

    Plot twist, I live in Canada and I am also Canadian

    glassdreams
    1
  • Inland North is says....nope.... Montana. Yep, it's inland and North, but no way we sound like Chicago or Wisconsin.

    elegantgypsy
    1
  • I'm actually south, but midland works too1

    Ravenclaw4life
    1
  • 89% South! Yep so true

    GuitarGirl20
    1
  • Pegged me straight on. 93% from the inland north the other 7% well my stepdad was from the East coast and Mom from Germany so had that childhood language influence plus the first 18 years I lived on the West coast but the next 40 was in Wisconsin and Minnesota respectively. Now I've unfortunately moved on to Missouri but WI will always be my home

    PiNkSugaRAnaRchY
    1
  • I got the midlands, and I do live in southern ohio

    Hjfjkdmdjdjx
    1
  • I think this is really cool actually, I come from Minnesota, so I personally think it got it right

    shatteringspirit
    1
  • Hmm... Wrong results, but ur good! WoW!

    Talker
    1
  • gr8 quiz! but its nothing like I expected! its really good though and apparently I have a northen new jersey accent. im not American though. even though I don't have an aussie acent

    DDcats
    2
  • Impressive! CONGRATULATIONS!

    Severus Snape7
    1
  • It guessed me right!

    lolagoldfish
    2
  • cool

    catsrule1015
    1
  • I'm Michael Jackson's real life girlfriend

    M J
    1
  • What American accent do you have?
    Your Result: The Northeast
    100%

    Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

    87% Philadelphia
    85% The Inland North
    60% The Midland
    54% The South
    44% Boston
    18% The West
    2% North Central
    Im australian lol

    Xxmcr4lyfXD
    2
  • Ok umm I'm not such an accent expert.. I got north central accent. That is TOTALLY not accurate! I sound nothing like that, although it's a great quiz. Not so accurate, but amazing.

    FennecFoxie_Paws
    1
  • Yall I am from the south and this thing said I was northern

    Southern man
    1
    • Wow howd you do that!? Im from southeast Alabama and it said Im only 89% southern though

      GuitarGirl20
      1
  • I got 100% philly but I'm Californian

    adelaide2020
    1
  • Jggyjgyjgyjgj

    Spinelpink
    1
  • Haha I got Midland accent, which is basically no accent XD

    QueenGlory
    0
  • Result was midland but I definitely have a Boston accent, it was #2, but I have a Boston accent. This quiz is good, but it should have more questions, it should ask about words from different areas like in Boston we say Packie for liquor store or for u-turns we say bang a u-euy

    TomBrady12Pats
    1

Thank you for your interest in GoToQuiz.com!

Don't leave without browsing the quiz categories. Find your state's quiz, or maybe your country.