Daily Animal Thread
Thread Topic: Daily Animal Thread
Today's Winning Animal: Dugong! 🌟
Dugong's are very good because they:
- Sometimes stand using their tails to breathe above water! Sticking their groovy lil heads above to get some fresh air.
- Are thought to be the inspiration for stories of sirens and mermaids. Sightings of these mythical creatures could have actually been dugongs all along.
- sometimes catch a ride on their mothers back when they're still lil babs. Like a piggyback - but... a dugongback ? Would that be more accurate ?
Dugongs are currently classified as vulnerable and their population is still decreasing. Thankfully, these precious mermaids and sirens are protected - so hopefully their population will be able to grow again. The main cause to the decrease in their population are coastal hunters- who sought after various parts from the Dugong before they became a protected species.
What will tomorrow's animal be?
Today's winning animal: Giant Octopus! 🌟
Giant Octopuses are very good because they:
- are very smart. These fellas have been known to pry lids off tanks and escape or enter other areas. LKinda sneaky - like a lil spy.
- can use venom to attack. So be careful of their beaks
- are the largest species of octopus in the world! As if the name didn't give away enough... lol. They have an arm span of about 20 feet across. Very large creatures
That is all. Thank you.
Opening this again. Please tell me your favourite animals, and I shall pick one to start this thread up again with.
I can't promise that I'll do this daily, but at the very least- it will be weekly :)
Spice NoviceI love panthers ^^
Paige_ SeniorYou already did sloths so
Eclipsestar228 JuniorThat's so hard to choose!
I'll just say wolves. :3
^ wolves for life.
Br0wnieBunny Expertdrew please do my cat. not cats plural, MY one cat. she is best girl
For those unaware, this account no longer belongs to Drew.
Today's winning animal: Gray Wolves! 🌟
Gray Wolves are very good because they:
- have like, their own social system worked out between them all! They can communicate by body language, barking, growling, “dancing,” howling and even scent making!!! That is really smart
- are pretty famous. So famous they've been mentioned quite a few times in human folklore and mythology! In Roman Mythology, there's somebody known as the Wolf-Goddess. Leto, the Greek Goddess is also often seen to have a lot of wolf symbolism. So maybe wolves are pretty magical? There's a lot of symbolism and spirituality surrounding wolves.
- have five subspecies of gray wolves in North America but despite their name, the colours of their fur can range from white to brown to black! What the !!! That's crazy!
Once upon a time, gray wolves used to be the worlds most widely distributed animal however unfortunately, their range has now been reduced by one-third. The reason for this is because they're often killed from fear they'll attack humans, or simply out of revenge for killing livestock. Maybe the next time we see a wolf, we should think of it as a spiritual creature, visiting us to make sure we're okay, rather than a frightening monster.
What will fhe next animal be?
ChameleonLeap AdvancedRhinos please
Log in to post or Get your free account