How Prepared Are You?
Disaster can strike quickly and without warning. It can force you to evacuate your neighborhood or confine you to your home. What would you do if basic services--water, gas, electricity or telephones--were cut off? Local officials and relief workers will be on the scene after a disaster, but they cannot reach everyone right away. Knowing what to do to protect yourself and your household is essential. A recent national survey revealed that only 7 percent of Americans have taken the recommended actions to prepare for disasters. If you're in the remaining 93 percent, the American Red Cross of Greater Chicago urges you to use National Preparedness Month as a reason to get ready for the unexpected.
Are YOU prepared for a disaster? Do you know what to do when in a fire, or how to properly help someone who is injured. Seems like common sense, right? Take this quiz and I bet you'd be surprised at how you do. Good luck!!
Created by: D