Marlen Mansion

Thread Topic: Marlen Mansion

SprinkledSpice Experienced
    fOr OlD tImEs SaKe))

"I dO nOt KnOw," ShE sAiD. "hE iS a ShY aNd ReSeRvEd BoY."
    dragonsfire Experienced
    "Mrs. Marlen, why did you not tell us your son's name? Surely it couldn't have "slipped your mind,"" Imogen said.
    "I was trying to protect him," Mrs. Marlen said. "What kind of mother would I be if I let him get dragged into this mess?"
    dragonsfire Experienced
    "He also had reason for killing him," Imogen said. "Anyway, who were you calling when you escaped?"
    "It was Sebastian, naturally," Mrs. Marlen said. "So I could warn him."
    dragonsfire Experienced
    "About what?" Imogen asked.
    "You two invading his privacy," Mrs. Marlen said. Oliver was getting fed up with this woman.
    dragonsfire Experienced
    Imogen bit her lip to prevent her mouth getting ahead of her brain. "So that's why you escaped?"
    Easter Newbie
    "Yes," Mrs. Marlen said. Oliver leaned back.

"You're lying," he said.
    "I'm not," she replied.
    "Yes, you are. Nina is involved in this and I can see. We already know enough to put you in jail, so you better be honest from now on."

Mrs. Marlen turned haughtily away from him and looked at Imogen. "No, that's not why."
    dragonsfire Experienced
    (FINALLY Oliver gets into this)

"Then why?" Imogen said.
    Easter Newbie
    ;-;))

Mrs. Marlen closed her eyes for a moment, as if struggling between the truth and her carefully planned out lie. "If I tell you everything, what happens next?"
    dragonsfire Experienced
    "Depends on what you tell us," Imogen said. "But if you tell us absolutely everything, you can be assured you won't get any more questioning from us."
    TheStageBeast Newbie
    This is it, the big finale))

"My husband and Nina were close. Too close. I had to do something about it. So I came up with a plan. I would get rid of my husband, and blame that girl for it," Mrs. Marlen said with great difficulty.
    dragonsfire Experienced
    (Yeppir-skipper-do-da-day)

Imogen waited for her to continue.
    TheStageBeast Newbie
    "I killed...Mr. Marlen," Lesley said, turning her eyes away.

Oliver gaped at her, his eyes wide.

"I dressed up like her and edited the security camera footage so I would look more like her," she continued. "I killed Nina and Hamilton, and I faked a recording and had a mole in forensics approve it. Then I put it on the phone, hid it, and pretended to get caught so the police station would find it. After that, I had the mole dress up like Nina and blow up the police station."