It is 2466, and the Earth has hit its peak in technology. Humanity has mastered the art of genetically engineering all living things; medicine has been improved tremendously, and health is at its prime; many jobs have been improved by machinery to better help humans complete their tasks.
Just about everything is controlled through a high-tech system. Every citizen has a digital I.D. stored in a chip within their arms. These I.D.s are important to everyone's life; within them is everything needed. Medical information, money, credentials, criminal records, everything. The general public calls this "the System."
The System is almost perfect... Almost. After all, technology has been known to have imperfections and malfunctions. Conspiracy theorists assume that the glitches occurring throughout the System are no accident, however. They believe that the government is intentionally manipulating the System in order to get what they want in almost any situation. People are going missing, criminals are getting away with high-offense crimes, and the economy seems to be crashing harder than it ever has before. The elite are forever elite, and there is no way for others to climb to the top.
You are a young adult from one of the less fortunate neighborhoods. As a young child, you glorified the System and believed that it was the key to a Utopian society. However, with more and more crimes being swept under the rug, you feel as if there is something being hidden by the government.
One day, you receive a digital invitation to attend a ball being hosted by an unknown elite. When you arrive, you notice that several people stand out in the crowd.. In particular, the people that have no digital I.D. upon being scanned. It is as if the System does not have them registered. You can't help but feel as if their presence is the start of something big...
This is intended to be a group plot! If enough people are interested, I'll write more about the world, how the "System" works, and a bit more background on these I.D.-less party goers.
Some of this is referenced from "Altered Carbon" and the clips I've seen of "Cyberpunk 2077." I don't dabble in futuristic "dystopian" plots often, but I wanted to step out of my comfort zone in order to get myself out of my writing funk.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I don't bite hard.
After some time (and after watching cyberpunk 2077 clips), I've accumulated some questions
1. Not that it matters much, but you said the ID chips are in a person's arm? Where exactly, like the wrist, the elbow, the upper arm?
2. As much as I love the expostion and world building, is there a plan after the characters find the chipless partygoers, or are you gonna cover that whenever you make the official thread? Idk what to be prepared for
3. How much freedom are you allowing with our characters? Can some be androids, cyborgs, genetically enhanced humans?
4. What's the age group our characters will be in? Teens? Young adults?
5. How many characters are we allowed to make? (I can handle a lot, just give me the word)
1. I was thinking the wrist. Since it's going to be everyone's way of life, it's important that it's easy for people to access and hold up(even they have a disability that is incurable despite technological advancements).
2. There is most certainly a plan! :) These chipless partygoers are the key to the plot, and I was hoping to dive into their meaning through the roleplay rather than in the introduction.
3. All of these are applicable! Something I didn't mention is that tech-savvy characters will be able to have their own weapons or gadgets that you guys come up with; any genetically enhanced features would fall under this category. It's very free-range on what you can do, basically.
4. I was thinking 17-30, but I'm open to younger/older characters if someone's got a good idea that doesn't fit that range!