- Locked due to inactivity on Aug 4, '16 4:21pm
Thread Topic: Ignore this...
Hey God. It's me again. I know I haven't gotten to talk to you in a while, but please forgive me. Give my love to Thomas. If you are listening, please help me. I know I ask a lot but this is something I really want- Can you please make all right again? I can't take this all. Please take my hand and lead me in the right direction. Now time for my usual prayer:
Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the lord my soul to keep. The angels watch me through the night and wake me in the morning light.
First off, I highly doubt an atheist step dad would ban you from praying. The only way that he could really ever know you were praying is if you made it obnoxiously obvious to him. In which case he may have taken inappropriate action; but I can still support his decision.
Second off, if you were trying to keep this private, posting it publicly on a free website for all time is not the way to do so. And posting it here and telling us to ignore it, only confirms my previous presumption that you're being obnoxious with your prayers.
Third off, if you're going to put it in everyone's face that you're praying, the least you could do is not make it so cryptic. Unless of course you were trying to add to the mystic of religion. In which case I give you a B+ for effort, but a D- on execution for the reasons detailed already.
Thank you, and stop posting your petty concerns and problems on a public website where nobody who actually gives a shit can really do anything about it. If you have a problem, actually work towards doing something about it. Don't sit there and wait for the problem to fix itself.
1. its possible, he could be breathing down her back, maybe she isnt that good at hiding things, or tries to stay loyal
2. maybe she wasnt thinking, she couldve thought of this as a written prayer. it say "ignore" why did you stay out? knowing you are probabily an atheist, when you saw "prayer, you should have stayed out, knowing it was gunna piss you off
3. maybe she did this to let her friends know things were wrong, she wasnt putting it in nobodys face, again the word "ignore" went in one ear and out the other
4. i do care, i care about everyones problems, and i can help, just talking to sombody can help. making them laugh can help, smal things make a difference
that is all :)
1. Nobody will breath down your back that often. I can garuntee you that she has 30 seconds on any given day that she can hold a quiet prayer to herself.
2. I am atheist. This did not piss me off. In fact, if you read my post from a neutral perspective, if anything I stayed calm and pointed out the logical flaws of her post. I tried to help her think logically on the idea of an atheistic step parent being that hateful about a personal belief and the idiocy of thinking they can "ban" you from thinking to yourself.
3. If this was meant to be directed towards her friends, once again, don't make it so cryptic. Say you're feeling down and let your friends know. Don't use "God" as an excuse to voice your concerns to a 3rd party when that very 3rd party is your target audience.
4. I will give you the 4th one though. Talking can help, but as you said, it said "ignore", so if everyone did what it was talking about, how could anyone know of it's existence and talk to her?
1, im saying, its possible, some parents could do that. and maybe she's busy all day. i know i am. and maybe she forgot. or for a while didnt want to dis obey,
2. not all athiest are as nice and calm as you, and maybe he wants het to be an atheist too, so forbiddens her to pray.
3.maybe she had no other way or she just wanted to be heard, to let people to know her feelings. kinda like a written prayer, and i used the wrong words, i dont mean pissed, i mean like your beliefs are aginst ours, you dont pray.
and maybe it was a easy way to let out her feelings, i do it all the time,
like you let all your feelings out but it could be those kind of people dont want help and dont want to disturb people with their problems.
and i got to sleep, so you wont get your answer right away.
1. My step dad hates me and everything I do, and him neing an athiest doesn't count. He's a cold jerk from hell. I don't shove it down his throats, but rules are rules and I'm not going to break them... Aloud
2. I never said I wanted it to be private plus it says ignore so you shoul have just stayed out.
3. I can do what I want. It's a public website and I am free to pray as I want.
4. I need some way to let my feelings out. A few days ago I found a letter from my boyfriend that commited suicide to years ago... But whatever, my petty problem shouldn't be on here I guess. I'll just keep it in. I just won't do as he told me to in the letter and bottle it up. My petty problems are out. Peace. As for my big problems- wait they're petty too... -_- I hope you feel responsible when the next thing that happens happens.
My stupid freaking petty problems? What makes them petty? I'm going freaking insane and you want to say that my problems are.petty? You don't even know my problems! So stfu! >:0 Ugh...
JesusIsTheWay NewbieAmen! Hey u can talk to me I can talk to u and probably help u solve some problems. I've had some serious petty problems myself but God is really helping me.
DiverseCitizen NewbieLikeaboss: I'm sure things will turn out to be all right, and even if they don't, everything is for God's glory. Also, praying doesn't have to be verbal or written, it can also be a quick thought to God, "Please, Jesus, help me through this." I pray everything turns out OK with your stepdad. Also, remember: Even if the world gets you down, you are still a child of the Most High GOD. :)
Appayipyip42 Advanced1. This
This thread is locked. You may not post.