Harry Potter Sorting Hat

This quiz is based off the quiz that is on pottermore. It isn't intended to be as accurate or as exciting. It was only made for fun and is not to be taken seriously.

Take this quiz to find out which Hogwarts house you would be in if you were to be a witch or wizard in the magical world.

Created by: Bob of Bob.com
(your link here more info)
1. What is your age?
Under 18 Years Old
18 to 24 Years Old
25 to 30 Years Old
31 to 40 Years Old
41 to 50 Years Old
51 to 60 Years Old
Over 60 Years Old
2. What is your gender?
Male
Female
3. Which of the following would you most hate people to call you?
Ordinary
Ignorant
Cowardly
Selfish
4. Once every century, the Flutterby bush produces flowers that adapt their scent to attract the unwary. If it lured you, what would it smell of?
A crackling log fire
The sea
Fresh Parchment
Home
5. Given the choice, would you rather invent a potion that would guarantee you:
Love
Glory
Wisdom
Power
6. After you have died, what would you like people to do when they hear your name?
Miss you, but smile
Ask for more stories about your adventures
Think with admiration of your achievements
I don't care what people think of me when I'm dead; it's what they think of me when I'm alive that counts
7. What kind of instrument most pleases your ear?
Violin
Trumpet
Piano
Drum
8. Which of the following do you find most difficult to deal with?
Hunger
Cold
Loneliness
Boredom
Being ignored
9. Which of the following would you most like to study?
Centaurs
Goblins
Merpeople
Ghosts
Werewolves
Trolls
10. Late at night, walking alone down the street, you hear a peculiar cry that you believe to have a magical source. What do you do?
Proceed with caution, keeping one hand on your concealed wand and an eye out for any disturbance
Draw your wand and try to discover the source of the noise
Draw your wand and stand your ground
Withdraw into the shadows to await developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate defensive and offensive spells, should trouble occur
11. You and two friends need to cross a bridge guarded by a river troll who insists on fighting one of you before he will let all of you pass. What do you do?
Attempt to confuse the troll, into letting all three of you pass without fighting
Suggest drawing lots to decide which of you will fight
Suggest that all three of you fight
Volunteer to fight
12. Moon or stars?
Moon
Stars
13. Black or white?
Black
White
14. Dawn or dusk?
Dawn
Dusk
15. Left or right?
Left
Right
16. Heads or tails?
Heads
Tails
17. Forest or river?
Forest
River
18. You enter an enchanted garden. What would you be most curious to examine first?
The silver leafed tree bearing golden apples
The fat red toadstools that appear to be talking to each other
The bubbling pool in which something luminous is swirling
The statue of an old wizard with a strangely twinkling eye
19. Four goblets are placed before you. Which would you choose to drink?
The foaming, frothing, silvery liquid that sparkles as though containing ground diamonds
The smooth, thick, richly purple drink that gives off a delicious smell of chocolate and plums
The golden liquid so bright that it hurts the eye and which makes sunspots dance around the room
The mysterious black liquid that gleams like ink and gives off fumes that make you see strange visions
20. Four boxes are placed before you. Which would you try and open?
The tortoise shell box, embellished with gold, inside which some small creature seems to be squeaking
The gleamy jet black box with a silver lock and key, marked with a mysterious rune that you know to be the mark of merlin
The ornate golden casket, standing on clawed feet, whose inscription warns that both secret knowledge and unbearable temptation lie within
The small pewter box, unassuming and plain, with a scratched message on top that reads 'i only open for the worthy'
21. A muggle confronts you and says that they are sure you are a witch or wizard. What do you do?
Ask what makes them think so
Agree, and ask whether they'd like to see a free sample of a jinx
Agree and walk away, letting them wonder whether you were bluffing
Tell them that you are worried about their mental health and offer to call a doctor
22. What are you most looking forward to at Hogwarts?
Apparition and Disapprarition
Any area of magic I can
Flying on a broomstick
Hexes and jinxes
All about magical creatures and how to befriend/care for them
Secrets about the castle
23. What would you rather be?
Envied
Imitated
Trusted
Praised
Liked
Feared
24. If you could have any power, what would you choose?
To read minds
Invisibility
Superhuman strength
To speak to animals
To change the past
To change your appearance at will
25. One of your housemates has cheated in an exam by using a self-spelling quill. Now he has come top of the class in charms, beating you into second place. Professor Flitwick is suspicious of what happened. He draws you to the side after his lesson and asks you whether or not your classmate used a forbidden quill. What do you do?
Lie and say you don't know (but hope that somebody tells him the truth)
Tell him that he ought to ask your classmate and resolve to tell your classmate that if he doesn't tell the professor that you'll tell him yourself
Tell him the truth
You would not wait to be asked the truth. If you knew that somebody was using a forbidden quill, you would tell the teacher before the exam started
26. A troll has gone berserk in the headmaster's study. It is about to smash, crush and tear several irreplaceable items and treasure, including a cure for dragon pox, which the headmaster has nearly perfected, student records going back 1000 years and a mysterious handwritten book full of strange runes, believed to have belonged to merlin. In which order do you rescue these three objects?
Cure, book, records
Cure, records, book
Book, cure, records
Book, records, cure
Records, cure, book
Records, book, cure
27. Which road tempts you most?
The wide, sunny, grassy lane
The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
28. Which nightmare would frighten you most?
Standing on top of something very high and realising suddenly that there are no barriers to stop you from falling
An eye at the keyhole of a dark, windowless room in which you are locked
Waking up to find that neither you friends or your family know who you are
Being forced to speak in such a silly voice that hardly anyone can understand and everyone laughs at you
29. How would you like to be known in history?
The wise
The good
The great
The bold

Remember to rate this quiz on the next page!
Rating helps us to know which quizzes are good and which are bad

Related Quizzes:

Create a quiz on GotoQuiz. We are a better kind of quiz site, with no pop-up ads, no registration requirements, just high-quality quizzes. Hey MySpace users! You can create a quiz for MySpace, it's simple fun and free.

Sponsored Links

More Great Quizzes